Go back to the main page for the Strategic plan 2021-2026.
这三个例子说明了如何做, in core areas of strategic development, we will put our values to respect each other, build strong communities and create positive change at the heart of what we do.
Positive change: carbon net-zero by 2035
In November 2020 and following engagement sessions with staff and students, the University’s 委员会 announced its aim to become carbon neutral by 2035. Our aim is to be carbon net zero for carbon emissions from electricity and heating by 2030 and net zero from all other emissions by 2035.
The University is already the highest producer of renewable energy of all UK universities and has already reduced its electricity and heating emissions by 50% since 2005. Our community’s collective commitment to tackle climate change will draw on our world-leading research and engagement with external partners to achieve our sustainability goals.
Achieving our ambitious targets will entail significant financial planning to improve activities and infrastructure across many areas of the University. The continued commitment of staff and students, recognising that this may at times entail difficult choices and changes, will be critical to delivering positive change, particularly in relation to our travel and energy consumption in line with our KPI in this area.可持续性
Respect: a diverse and inclusive 社区的社区
AG8亚洲游戏集团有限公司渴望包容 社区的社区, where people are treated with dignity and respect and where no one is disadvantaged because of who they are. 重视思想的多样性, belief and background is fundamental to our collective intellectual development and enables the University to challenge convention, 打破界限，制定议程.
AG8亚洲游戏集团有限公司的座右铭, 真理对所有人开放, indicates the University's founding commitment to be an open and inclusive community. The University has attracted staff from around the globe and has a proud history of delivering opportunities to those less likely to participate in higher education. We will now work to extend the inclusive nature of our staff and student community. In support of creating a more open and inclusive University we will:
- Seek to secure a Race Equality Charter award within the period of this strategy.
- Work with our regional FE and HE partners to articulate AG8亚洲游戏集团有限公司’s position in a broader 'ladder of opportunity' in the northwest UK.
- Through our approach to safeguarding in research, we will maintain the highest standards in organisational culture, systems and practice to prevent and tackle incidents of exploitation, 虐待和伤害
- Build on our Athena SWAN Bronze award with the submission of departmental Athena SWAN plans in line with our wider plans to promote gender equality.
- Increase participation from underrepresented neighbourhoods and reduce the attainment gap for ethnic minority students in line with our published Access and Participation Plan.
- Promote accessibility and inclusion through a 'digital by design' approach.
AG8亚洲游戏集团有限公司是一个 挑战和支持AG8亚洲游戏集团有限公司的学生 in delivering an education that transforms lives. Our distinctive collegiate structure and close-knit 学术 communities provide overlapping networks for pastoral, 学术, social and sporting activities that support individuals and underpin interdisciplinarity.
随着AG8亚洲游戏集团有限公司的不断发展, the colleges and our '社区的社区' will play a more central role in how we operate and work together. 大学 underpin the AG8亚洲游戏集团有限公司 student experience and we will explore how this might deepen students' sense of community in what is now a larger institution with a global footprint. 具体而言，AG8亚洲游戏集团有限公司会:
- Consult on offering new postgraduate taught students the option to join any college, supporting a greater diversity within colleges and a more positive student experience for all.
- Examine the potential to enhance the role colleges' play in 学术 life and embed a stronger sense of a collegiate 学术 community for staff by:
- considering physical space within colleges and how this might support students’ 学术 activities;
- exploring the potential for colleges to provide a meeting ground for 学术 staff from different disciplines and career stages to support interdisciplinary and multi-disciplinary working.